Sunday, March 06, 2011

ovarian cancer check

received the forwarded mail on Friday, telling about the symptoms of ovarian cancer..

"Ovarian Cancer Whispers"

Watch for -
Pelvic or abdominal pain or discomfort;
vague but persistent gastrointestinal upsets such as gas, nausea, and indigestion;
frequency and/or urgency of urination in the absence of an infection;
unexplained weight gain or weight loss;
pelvic and/or abdominal swelling, bloating and/or feeling of fullness;
ongoing unusual fatigue;
unexplained changes in bowel habits.

If symptoms persist for more than 2 weeks, ask your doctor for a combination pelvic/rectal exam, CA-125 blood test, and trans-vaginal ultrasound.
A pap test WILL NOT detect ovarian cancer.
---
is my response when I read this. I got 6 symptoms from the list, n the symptoms with me for 2 years? I have the thought 'I would rather say all these happened to me is because I am too fat!' hmmm...

came back home continued reading the book that talking about the cancer patients story. the part that I continued, was talking about ca-125 test - to tell the patient if the cancerous cells are increasing or decreasing. suddenly, I think I need a test! shared this with laogong, laogong asked me to start fasting so the next day to go for body checkup.

Saturday morning I went to bp lab. my last full body checkup was at dec 2009. this time, I chose the rm550 package, with tumour checker. so not only check for ovarian cancer (ca-125), I check for colon cancer, breast cancer, n few cancer that I can't recall it now. when the helper taking my blood, laogong asked 'if relatives got cancer, would we get it?' the helper said it is 20% higher chance for 2nd level relatives. hmmm.. my auntie removed her womb coz of cancerous cells few years back hmm...

will get result next Saturday, hopefully all will be alright :)



evergreen.. the everyday blue sky ^^

No comments: