Tuesday, September 15, 2009

my pap smear result

called up the clinic for my routine pap smear result, then the nurse asked me to call back n talk to my gynae. then called back, the nurse said, gynae wanted to see me n discuss with me. before i made appointment, i asked againf for the result thru phone call, the nurse said need to discuss with gyane, after i insisted, she only told me, i need to go for further test on HPV.

very quickly i search online about HPV - human papillomavirus then a lot la info came out. cervical cancer is the main thing that caught my eyes. oppps.. so many info, hpv is the 2nd smallest virus after HIV, no treatment, no symptom.. but also got something to make u release a bit, not all the hiv is cancerous.. so many so many.. was blank at that moment (so many silly emails i typed on that day :p)

ok. went to see gynae. simple n quick. doctor showed me my report, out of the few sentences, he circled the HPV infection. 'u r having hpv infection. this may lead to cancer' then he handover to me a cervical cancer & hpv related diseaces booklet. 'have u heard about hpv?' he looked into my eyes n asked me. 'yes' i was calm. when u know more about the topic, u wont be nervous, so i thank the nurse who hints me about the report 1st. or else, i might so the nervous or scared or whatver la in front of the doctor :)

then, came out from the room, met mei who came to the clinic for her postnatal checkup. i told her this. so the calm one. i was proud of myself :) called up my sis, she cried in the office, poor gal. thanks for loving me so much. or memang aquarius gal likes to cry huh? :p called up laogong, laogong being silent. went back home told papa n mama, mama said, it's ok, u have 3 children already. papa said if it is still early stage, do whatever to make it better. sms my 2 brothers, no reply from them. sis said, how u want them to reply to u, talk this cannot, talk that cannot, they must be feeling bad now.

it's ok.. i am feeling peacefully. only bbb in my mind.. n pls do your pap smear test if u haven’t done so..

No comments: