Tuesday, August 04, 2015

0408 You are with me


I will exalt You
You're with me,
I will not fear
You are my hiding place,
my safe refuge
My treasure Lord You are
My friend and king,
anointed one Most holy


Listening to this hymn now.

For the month of July, my senior teacher said let me try to teach the Sunday school class. Initially the primary department head put me here to be the successor to this senior teacher to teach standard children. So from the early of July, I started taken over the class, means I need to prepare for the class before the class started. Feeling stress initially when I need to read through the bible passage 1st, then blend the important message in a story, then share the story with children with different face expression and tones in the class...


So for every Sunday I countdown till the end of July.. So I can handover the class to the senior teacher. So here came the end of July.. Then I found myself started enjoying this process of class preparation and story telling in the class. In the one hour time, I normally tell story for about 40min, then the senior teacher do revision with the children on what I have just shared. So if there is any important message I have missed out, then the senior teacher will cover. I like this way of teaching arrangement. So not only children learn but I learn much too. So.. When the senior teacher asked 'how about next week?' I said 'let us continue do this way, I tell the story, you summarise it' :)

From initial 1 student, then the other 1 boy joining in June. Last week, we had a new boy come to my class too. Teachers prayer being heard :) blessed with Your name.

There are so many news on this broken society. Youngsters can't make a survive in this competitive world, bad influences that brought children into danger and staying away from parents... How the adults fulfilling own desire that neglect what children really need. When the world has forgotten about love.. As a parent and as a part time teacher, I hope I can do more from my part. When most of the parents are focusing on children academic result, I would like to take the soft part which human being needed most. My students are coming from non believers family, but the parents bring the children to Sunday school classes every week, hope the children learn the truth and good character. So teacher teaching good character thought bible story. As Jesus said 'I am the way, the truth and the life'

Month of August, office schedule is a bit pack. But I manage to sleep early and being peaceful at home with my laogong and children. Playing chess last night and this morning with my children :)

Happy Tuesday!


No comments: