Tuesday, July 20, 2010

don't give up

last night I went back home, royee was sleeping. mama told me royee was quiet the whole day. around 9pm he woke up, I talked silly stories to cheer him up.

took my camera, I asked angel sing few songs. royee joined us too. most of the songs, he forgot the lyrics, can see him hate himself n looked so frustrated. end up, he went out the room. took his crayon n asked me for papers, he non stop drawing. few times he stopped drawing, n came to me 'ahhh mummy, I know how to sing already' then he started singing, then forgot the lyrics again, then he was sad n got back to his drawing.

it is so hurt to see all these scenes, I know he is trying hard n thinking ways to prove to everyone including himself which he is smart in some ways. he felt sad n down, when again n again he failed to do to perfection. my heart is breaking :~

before I slept, he came in to my room quietly, I offered my hug to him. I hugged him tightly. I showed him 'ging gang goolie' movie clip to him. his smile is so light :( then I decided to tell him stories.

1st, as the idea given by Mei, I told royee the real story of Thomas Edison. how the teachers didn't want him to be in their schools, how the mother teach him at home. how the neighbours laugh at him n the mother for the 1000 times of failure. I shared with royee how this great person accepted the failure as ways didn't work out. n now we have light in the house because of Thomas hardwork n never give up attitude.

I shared with royee some other great ppl stories, who invented the airplane, telephone, papers. of course, I added some silly funny elements in the story eg if no paper, then royee gonna bring a full bag of sands to the school together with 2 tree branches, the teacher gonna be tired to clean the table of sands everyday. at last, he hahaha :D

I reminded him the bible story how Noah build the ark in years. he didn't give up in completing God's mission, no matter how other ppl teasing him n the family. times, I asked royee to give himself time to practise n be better everyday.

I showed my hand to him. I told him we have 5 fingers here with different sizes n measurements. each of the fingers has different functions. we can't dislike 1 of them because it is small or fat. then I told him, mummy is good at baking the cake (konon la), but mummy can't sing very well with ducking voice, then the little finger is drawing, mummy can't draw well. then royee shared with me, his five fingers with his talent :) the longest middle finger is story telling :D then I said 'ya! u always share with me stories u heard from Sunday schools which mummy can learn from u!' he looked happy now :)

I told him, in order to be a true no.1 is not how smart u r in studying, your heart, u must do things with your good heart, be a kind hearted person, care for people this is most important attitude. n never give up yourself.

shared with royee our Malaysian angkasawan dr sms story when he was 10 years old, he told himself he wanted to be an astronaut in the future, he wanted to see the outer space. so he study hard, having good health, be a doctor.. he prepared himself for the day, he can have chance to fly up to the outer space. we need dream n wishes, we need to work in a right way for our dream if we really wish to realise it.

so royee left my room happily, can hear he talking loudly 'waipo 'waipo, I tell u, the king is a bad king, he cooked the 3 men, but suddenly 3 men became 4! why? because another one is an angel!...' he sharing the bible story with grandma. I smiled n I know, he is feeling ok now ^_^ thank you Lord for giving me knowledge in building up confidence level for this little boy :)

this morning, royee like a battey fully charged baby happily prepare himself to school. he put all his night before drawing in the bag, guess that, he wanted to show the pictures to the teacher.

^_^



No comments: