Thursday, February 20, 2014

Homecook

Last year, when we started the year of 2013 with a brand new togetherness - one family finally staying together under one roof, 3 children going to primary school, half day care, working mummy rushing back for the family, non stop housework, school homework.. Most of the time, we packed foods for weekday dinner.


This year, with one year adapting to this hectic schedule, now we are settling down. So children have time for tv, comics.. Mummy has some time..


..for church ministry..


..trying new recipe..


.. grow plant too


Trying my best to prepare breakfast for children, sometime it is just a cup of hot milo/horlicks with oat/nestum. For weekend, I prepare some fancy breakfast - to attract laogong too! :p



This is breakfast for my children and lunch for myself. We have salmon spread + black olive sandwich in the baguette - a long thin loaf of French bread. Normally we get the baguette at rm 2-5 in hypermarket, for the round, I got it at rm0.25. What a big saving huh! Lately I do my grocery shopping at tesco with laogong and children, normally we drop by the bakery section to grab the special promotion bread varieties :p wise wife right? ^0^

So normally I do next day dinner preparation after I wash all the dishes and clean the dining room.


For the next day dinner - eg taufu porridge


Keep this in the fridge. The next day morning, set the timer to cook porridge/rice to cook after 11-12 hours.


So when children reach home, take bath, mummy get the dinner ready..


Sometime if mummy take longer time to prepare the food, children eat some junk stuff too >_<


Prayer together and eat together ^^


Sometime sis and baby shyuan join us too! Not all the meal sis joining us, although I prepare for her too. Sometime sis wants to go out have a quiet moment with shyuan for nicer food + dessert to gain more weight. Oppss! To release stress and reward herself :D


Sometime, I bring some simple stuff to the office as lunch too. Enjoy the quiet moment in the office :)

Today is 20feb, been cooking dinner for most of the weekday since new year of 2014, although sometime it is just a tin mackerel fish in chilli sauce, often we have soup to drink, hot meal served and harmony dinner hours :)

Hope this can be continued so we can have more happy moment together and eat what we feel to eat and try to eat healthier by adding in more natural food ingredients to the meal :)



'I love you, you love me, we are happy family~'

No comments: