Monday, June 01, 2009

royee 1st dental checkup


'semua gigi susu'
good boy :D



Last Saturday I went to scale n polished my teeth. Then I brought royee as well for his 1st dental checkup. While I was filling up the registration forms, royee was looking to all the newspaper cutting n pictures on problematic teeth condition. ‘mummy.. ni kan’ (mummy, look here) ‘yes, wait har, mummy doing registration’ then a while ‘mummy..’ ‘yes baby, wait har’ I wrongly filled the form, I put in all my particulars in royee’s form L ‘mummy, have u done? why so slow de?’ then a while ‘mummy, when u r done, then come here..’ I knew this boy must be confused on something.

Hmmm all those picture, hmm some with swelling lips or bleeding teeth :( I explained to him, this article telling what n that article describing what.. until he truly satisfied with all my explanation. Then we sat down n waited for dentist calling. I went to take a cup of warm water, so I mixed the cold water with hot water. ‘mummy, why u must put 2 waters in a cup?’ ‘then only we can get warm water ma’ ‘why 1 blue water, 1 hot water’ hmmm whenever he is not satisfied with the answer given, then he got so many follow up questions. Mummy was so patient in this Q&A session (have to la). ‘u see, hot water, sooo hot, how to drink? Then old water, very cool right? Also no good to drink. So, (explaining science topic with my 2 hands) this cold water (left hand move to the center) mix with this hot water (right hand move to the center n join with left hand) so, gang gang hao! Not very cool, n not very hot. Right?’ then he followed what I showed n he did it again, explained to himself. Then satisfied n explained it to me :D

Ok, we went in to the room, the dentist wanted to check royee 1st. then royee sat down on the ‘operation chair’ with serious face. when the dentist pulled down the chair, royee was still sitting there, then I asked him to lay down. But, his left hand was still in the air, so funny to see this, he must be so nervous n didn’t know what to do. ‘royee, put your hand down’ the dentist helped her, everyone in the room hahaha :p then he opened his mouth n quietly let the dentist did the checkup. His teeth are ok, only need to do some polishing. Not now, 5 years old, when he gets used to dental checkup.

Then dentist talking to royee – in English

Dentist: u r a good boy. U have nice teeth. Do u brush your teeth everyday?
Royee: hmm (nod his head)
Dentist: how many times a day?
Royee: (showing 1 finger)
Dentist: oooo 1 time :D
Royee: (another finger up)
Dentist: ohhh twice! U brush your teeth twice a day. When do u brush your teeth? Morning?
Royee: (nod his head)
Dentist: and time before u go to sleep?
Royee: nod his head again)
Dentist: wahhh such a good boy. So u continue taking good care of your teeth ok?
Royee: ok.

Tell u, I don’t know my boy can understand English conversation. Especially when he telling the dentist how many times he brushes his teeth a day. On the way back home,

Royee: mummy, we need to go to clinic to check our teeth, then jing cha (police) will be there right?
Mummy: what jing cha? Why jing cha needs to be there for your teeth?
Royee: just now the doctor said, next time go clinic then got POLICE (in English)
Mummy: ... ohhhh.. baby, it is not POLICE, it is POLISH! To polish your teeth. Not jing cha
Royee: har?..
Mummy: jing cha is P.O.L.I.C.E and polish the teeth n polish the shoes is P.O.L.I.S.H.. CE and SH is different
Royee: S got sssssss snake sound one.. C is ke..ke..ke.. police... polish..sh..sh....
Mummy: yes. So it is not policeman :)

Hehehe.. cute :p didn’t know he can catch the dentist word in the conversation. The moral of the story, I cant speak English to laogong if we want to tell secrets or parenting strategic tactic. Royee understands! Hmm.. mandarin cannot, hokkien he understands much more, malay he learns from kakak, English he knows too.. wow.. we shall sms then :p

No comments: